Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hartsville Olympic Triathlon

Another age group win. This was a race of highs and lows throughout. I had the best swim ever at this distance (1500m). I found a guy about 200m into the swim that passed me but was not flying, so I got on his feet and was able to draft him the entire rest of the swim. Thanks Dude!!! This helped in two ways: 1) You swim faster 2) He was sighting well, so I didn't have too. I just zoned out and watched for his feet. Time: 29:01, 22 OA.

T1: Uneventful but a little slow. Time of 1:07

The bike was a two loop course. I struggled through the first loop. It climbed up from the lake for about 5-6 miles and I couldn't get my heart rate down from the swim. There finally were a few good downhills and I got myself together. I definitely negative split the second loop by a long shot, and finished with a respectable 19.3mph average speed. Time: 1:23:26, 31 OA.

T2: Took time to put on socks, so slower than my sprint T2's. Time of 0:50

The run was hot and hilly. There was zero shade and it was all on asphalt roads. There was plenty of aid stations, so I kept the water in me and on me to stay hydrated and as cool as possilbe. I wanted to walk so bad several times, but just kept moving. My pace was well off my expected times, but I passed several good runners who were either walking or barely shuffling their feet. Time: 46:23, 10 OA.

Total Time: 2:40:44, 14 OA.



No comments:

Everyone wants to win, few want to prepare.