Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tri the Pee Dee



First ever age-group win! A decent showing in all disciplines and some quick transitions helped me hold off the other age groupers to take first. Also, this should get me to second in the overall standings for the race series.


Swim: 700m. Started standing in the water about thigh deep. At the start I took about five or six hard steps then dolphin dived in to get going. My goggles were foggy and there was a low fog over the lake that made sighting very difficult. I even stopped once on the back leg to rinse out my goggles. I didn't push it as hard as I could but my time was decent. 13:35 OA: 40, AG: 1


T1: Tried a new tactic of stepping into my race number and having it on during the bike. This will work for a short race, but I think the number will get on my nerves too much on a longer bike. Time of 1:39 including about 250m run to transition.


Bike: Pancake flat and boring. I was dying for a hill to climb then fly down. I actually passed a few folks on the bike. One guy was in tennis shoes, so he doesn't count!! Time of 43:35 OA: 41, AG: 3


T2: Very good transition. Rack bike, take off helmet, put on shoes. Time of 0:35

Run: Only dissappointment of the day. I wanted to go under 20 minutes. Three lap course on uneven terrain. I went hard but came up just short of my goal. Time of 20:07 OA: 11, AG: 1


Total time of 1:19:28 OA: 20, AG: 1

No comments:

Everyone wants to win, few want to prepare.