Sunday, July 27, 2008

Three podiums in a row!


So Saturday July 19th, was the first annual Union YMCA Sprint Tri. This was Julie's first triathlon and I decided to race it too. It was quite short, 300yd swim, 14.5 mi bike, and 5k run. We both had good races and both won our age groups. I was so proud of her!! She had great swim and bike, and did well for her on the run. I saw her come in on the bike and she looked pretty fresh after a very hilly 14.5 miles. She finished at 1:43:36 I was pleased with my time of 1:10:38. That put me 7th overall. I had a good bike for me, but still 5-7 minutes behind the top couple of riders. My first transition was slow too because I tried to get my top on after the swim, to keep it out of the chlorine and it took forever because it was all bunched up under my arms.

No comments:

Everyone wants to win, few want to prepare.