Thursday, August 7, 2008

Motivation?

I've hit one of those training lows the past few weeks. I'm sure everyone's experienced it from time to time. I think the lack of racing and some nagging lower leg problems (plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, other associated ankle pains) has taken the wind out of my sails a bit. However, today I read a great article today in the latest Runner's World on Ryan Hall and saw some video of him on YouTube that really picked me up. Definitely worth checking out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iHQqbJm-U

I'm not sure that God created me to be a world class athlete like Ryan, but I know that he did give me the physical ability to do some great things and the mental fortitude to push through when others quit. I think of my friends Nick and Sami Napier, both have a genetic disorder that weakens their connective tissues and makes anything physical nearly impossible. All Nick wants to do is run!! They have inspired me so many times when I wanted to quit. I just want to run the race set before me, pushing on towards the prize that is Christ Jesus!

So I'm ready to go now. Just finished a great tempo run on the treadmill. It feels good to sweat and pour yourself out. Time to get focused and trained up for my first Half Ironman...and maybe one day, THE Ironman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh1yMnrby3w

No comments:

Everyone wants to win, few want to prepare.