Sunday, October 19, 2008

South Carolina Triathlon Series

This is the second year of triathlon and racing in the SCTS. Last year I only did three races, which doesn't qualify you for any placement (minimum is 5). SCTS is an 11 race series and this year I competed in 8 of the races. The each race is scored with a mildly complicated formula that basically awards the top finisher a score of 1.00 and everyone else gets a score that is less than 1.00 based on their finishing times.

My goal at the beginning of the year was to race well, stay healthy and finish in the top 5 in my age group. Well, I did all of the above and finished 2nd in the 25-29 AG. See proof:

Apparently, they are mailing out the awards in the next few weeks. Plus I'll get some nice SCTS swag, including a custom embroidered fleece pullover. Not too bad for a sophomore season...

No comments:

Everyone wants to win, few want to prepare.