Saturday, November 8, 2008

Off-Season??

Ok, so admittedly I've been taking it pretty easy for the past 3-4 weeks since the triathlon season ended, but I think that's ok for a little break. I had a good season with a lot of improvements over last year. I know I'll be doing some road races of various distances from 5K to Half Marathon this winter. I'm going to take a winter off from the full marathon and try and keep up with my swimming and biking.

For next year, I have two questions of which the answers will shape my racing and planning:
1) Will I get picked to race for the SCTS team? A yes, will cover my race entries and require me to race out of the series in two large (600+) events.
2) Will I be able to upgrade my bike with a sponsorship? This is a mental and motivational upgrade as well as a mechanical boost.

I should know something on both in the next few weeks, so I'll sit down and plan '09 out after that. Btw, I'm not sitting on my butt completely...I knocked out 8 miles this morning in about an hour!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Good luck on the SCTS team!!

Everyone wants to win, few want to prepare.