Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tri The Midlands Sprint

Finally made a podium...3rd place in my age group. This was a first year event. I liked the bike course a lot, nice rollers throughout but nothing killer. The run was a very hilly out and back, mostly on a paved sidewalk trail in a development.

Swim: open water lake swim. Sighting was ok, got decent water throughout, but never got a strong stroke established. Place 68/240. Time of 11:06 (with a 250 yd run to transition)

T1: Pretty good transition. Long run to bike start. Had my shoes clipped in and got into them ok after hopping onto the bike. Time of 0:50

Bike: Nice course. Tried to ride fairly hard without killing my legs. Still got passed too much. I've got to ride more in training. Place 103/240. Time of 35:15

T2: Another good transition. Bike racked, shoes on, pick up number and I was out. My watch said 0:39...official time of 0:48

Run: Hilly. Most of the run was on a paved trail along the road that was about 4 feet wide. Since it was an out and back, there was not a lot of room to pass people. Pretty good showing overall. Place 23/240. Time of 20:36

Total time of 1:08:33 put me 52/240 overall men and 3/9 in my age group.

No comments:

Everyone wants to win, few want to prepare.